The IIAS, as partner of the United Nations, is informing that the 2018 United Nations Public Service Awards’ Call for Nomination is open.
Nomination Awards for 2018 are invited in three categories:
1) Reaching the poorest and most vulnerable through inclusive services and partnershi’
2) Making institutions inclusive and ensuring participation in decision-making; and
3) Promoting gender responsive public services to achieve the SDGs.
The United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs is collaborating notably with UN WOMEN in organizing the Awards, highlighting the important role of gender responsive public services in achieving the SDGs.
The IIAS is supporting applications from eligible organizations from its member countries (member states and national sections). This support takes the form of:
- Eligibility check of the application files;
- Edition/proofreading of the application by experts of the IIAS network;
- Provision of a letter of recommendation or online submission on behalf of the applicant (both services are exclusive according to the UN).
The IIAS provides this service in English or French for free.
Please be advised that the nomination must be completed online on the UNPSA portal at: https://publicadministration.un.org/en/UNPSA where submission rules and the online application form are available in the six official languages of the United Nations.
However, we encourage all nominating organizations to provide voluntary translations of their nominations in one of the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat, which are English and French.
Should you need any additional information regarding the nomination process, kindly contact UNPSA2018@un.org.
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATION: 7 February 2018